Friday, September 09, 2005

Top Ten Cloves: Things Overheard On Vice President Cheney's Tour of Hurricane Region

10. Well, I'm riding a Chevy and the levee sure ain't dry

9. I wish I brought my fishing gear

8. Are all the Halliburton guys safe?

7. Find out if Pat O'Brien's is open, maybe we can swing by for a shot

6. Lynne, ask that guy … I don't know how to get floodwater stains out of silk

5. Send someone over to Houston and see if you can snag me a few of those debit cards they're handing out

4. Yeah, I know, the people, the housing, blah, blah … The real first priority is to get that oil flowing again

3. Should I wait another day or two to announce that the flood is in its' final throes?

2. Has Rove started his smear campaign on Mary Landrieu yet?

1. Hmmm … Instead of invading Baghdad with forces, maybe we should have flooded it first

No comments: