Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Top Ten Cloves: Things Overheard During the Marine Reservists’ Recall To Duty

News Item: Marine Reservists Facing Combat Duty

10. It’s been a bad week ... First I find out that Pluto isn’t really a planet, and now this ...

9. How is it that we have to go back to Iraq and the Army gets to have an Amusement Park?

8. Man, you tellin’ me that Secretary Rumsfeld hasn’t been fired yet?

7. Is this legit, or are they just pulling the “let’s raise the terror alert” thing again?

6. Where we being deployed - Iraq or Iran?

5. What the hell do we have to go back for - I thought it was “Mission Accomplished” two-years ago?

4. Don’t worry, it’s not a Civil War, just some pockets of Sectarian Violence

3. I’m gonna sign up for that detail that’s working with Senator Rick Santorum, finding all those WMD’s people said weren’t there

2. I’ll bet if Lieberman beat Lamont, this wouldn’t be happening now

1. So, we’re not going back to “stay the course”, it’s now “adapting to win” ... Just how are we going to do that?

What the hell do we have to go back for - I thought it was “Mission Accomplished” two-years ago?

No comments: