Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I Could'a Had Class ... I Could'a Been A Contender ...


As we run out the clock, on the lamest - ever - court-appointed President (h/t Barry Crimmins), there's going to be a veritable roto-league of legacy wrap-ups.


Well ... Actually ... They'll all look more like a criminal rap sheet.

Yesterday, Brad Reed, over al AlterNet, kicked things off with his "The 10 Most Awesomely Bad Moments of the Bush Presidency", which Brad subtitles "A shorter version of our long national nightmare?"

And, before you start pounding your head on the table (similar to one that Nancy Pelosi can't seem to find), or writing angry screeds of "Only 10!!!";

Narrowing down the Bush administration's various debacles to a mere 10 was no easy feat. In fact, I expect that many people will express dismay that their least favorite moment was left off the list. "How could commuting Scooter Libby's sentence not even make the top 10??!!" I can hear some of you shrieking already. Well, I'll tell you. Essentially, I tried to rate each Bush disaster by two main criteria: its body count and its damage to the country's reputation. So while Bush's awkward groping of German Chancellor Angela Merkel may be personally humiliating to everyone, it doesn't have the same heft as, say, the Iraq War.

I won't spoil the fun ...

Go over to "The 10 Most Awesomely Bad Moments of the Bush Presidency" for a good read.


Bonus Legacy Links

It's Time To Bring Down Rollo Tomasi

"He aggressively and successfully pursued public corruption ..."

"I'm aware of the fact that perhaps somebody in the administration did disclose the name of that person ..."

"Anyway, look, nobody has accused me of being Shakespeare, you know?"

The Condoleezza Rice Ballroom Dancing & Charm School


No comments: