Saturday, February 28, 2009

Good Post Alert: Must Read Al Giordano's "The New and Improved "Us vs. Them" Narrative"

There's a new sheriff in town!

The always prescient, always digging, Al Giordano speaking on President Obama's YouTube delivery today;

"The New and Improved "Us vs. Them" Narrative"

Here's the money quote:

"I realize that passing this budget won't be easy. Because it represents real and dramatic change, it also represents a threat to the status quo in Washington. I know that the insurance industry won't like the idea that they'll have to bid competitively to continue offer ing Medicare coverage, but that's how we'll help preserve and protect Medicare and lower health care costs for American families. I know that banks and big student lenders won't like the idea that we're ending their huge taxpayer subsidies, but that's how we'll save taxpayers nearly $50 billion and make college more affordable. I know that oil and gas companies won't like us ending nearly $30 billion in tax breaks, but that's how we'll help fund a renewable energy economy that will create new jobs and new industries. I know these steps won't sit well with the special interests and lobbyists who are invested in the old way of doing business, and I know they're gearing up for a fight as we speak. My message to them is this:

"'So am I.'

"The system we have now might work for the powerful and well-connected interests that have run Washington for far too long, but I don’t. I work for the American people. I didn’t come here to do the same thing we’ve been doing or to take small steps forward, I came to provide the sweeping change that this country demanded when it went to the polls in November."
I could copy it here, but better you go read it, as Al lays out who Obama is aiming at, with a laser beam, red-dot, sight, and how things will play out.

The Al Giordano's "The New and Improved "Us vs. Them" Narrative"

Oh yeah ... 

Here's the President, also;

2/28/09: Your Weekly Address

No comments: