Tuesday, February 03, 2009

We Defer Today ... To Buddy Holly!

Man, it's been such a tough slog, this past month (and more snow today to move!), that it wasn't until earlier today that I realized it's our anniversary, four-years of writing The Garlic.

I can't say I thought I would still be plugging away at it, as at various times, the homefront has presented cumbersome hurdles to overcome.

Yet, at the same time, it's the first thing I look to upon waking - what's in the news, and what can I riff on.

Many, many thanks to you, the readers - the subscribers, the Feeders, and those that just happen to fall on The Garlic ... I sincerely appreciate your visiting and reading the humble efforts we strive to produce.

But I don't feel like prattling on about myself, extolling on this, or that.

I also came to the awareness today, that February 3rd is also the anniversary of "The day the music died"



We speak of Buddy Holly, and his tragic death (along with Richie Valens, J.P. "The Big Bopper" Richardson, and the pilot of the plane, Roger Peterson).

Today, dwarfing The Garlic's blip-of-a-benchmark, is the 50th Anniversary of Holly's death.

Being that he was only 22, and already had tremendous success, with some killer songs penned, who knows what would have happened.

Perhaps right up there, or, likely, bigger, than Elvis?

So, we defer ...


That'll Be the Day - Buddy Holly & The Crickets





The Plane Crash of 1959 the day music died





Buddy Holly and The Crickets

History of Rock - Buddy Holly and The Crickets


EXTRA! EXTRA!

Today is also B.A.D - Blogroll Amnesty Day!

As regular readers know, we link, liberally, all-year-round, so click those links, and take a scroll down the left column, to The Garlic's Link Lists, and check out some of the other great blogs out there

No comments: